[Gllug] Another one bites the dust.

Sean Burlington sean at uncertainty.org.uk
Thu Mar 20 00:18:28 UTC 2003

Dean Wilson wrote:
> The last three odd years have been a blast and i've met some very clued
> people through the list but i've reached the point where i'm deleting over
> 75% of the mail i get from the list without even bothering to read more
> than the first few posts so i think its time to get out.
>
> All mailing lists go through stages of off topic conversation but this ones
> pushed me to the point where i've actually added people to procmail
> (something i've never done before, and i'm on a lot of lists, not to
> mention my hatred of procmail) just to cut down the amount of off topic
> posts i'm getting and between procmail and mutts delete thread i'm spending
> more time pruning than i am reading.

Dean, I'm sorry to see you leave - you have contributed to this group
greatly with some very informed posts ...

Do you really think the volume of OT posts is that exceptional ?
(I don't)  - I do think that feelings are running higher than usual and
the OT posts have been focused around one issue (war/peace)

but gllug has always been as much a social forum as a technical one -
and in these times of such sharply divided opinion I think it would be
sad to see such important debates excluded from this group.

as I say - sorry to see you leave and I hope you return when the dust
settles ..

--

Sean

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk