[Gllug] Mail client + M$ Exchange

Thomas Charles Robinson robinstc at ocean.com.au
Wed Mar 26 11:40:58 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-03-26 at 11:16, Neil Fryer wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Apart from Ximian Evolution, is there any way to connect to our Exchange
> server to get my mail, and if so where the hell can I find some info on
> this, as my Google searches just keep giving me links to the Ximian site.
> The Exchange box is running IMAP, but I have no idea how to set up my
> username on the linux side, as my Windows network username is nfryer, but
> when I use this, and my passwd, I get denied?

You should be able to do this using mozilla/netscape. The hard part is
convincing exchange that you are who you say you are when
authenticating. I think this is tied to the settings in exchange where
the user-name and alias must be the same. Setting the username under
mozilla/netscape, I did get this to work at one stage but it has been
sometime since I tried.

t.

Someday we'll look back on this moment and plow into a parked car. --
Evan Davis

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk