[Gllug] HD Suppliers

Tim Gray timgray at numasters.com
Wed Mar 19 10:29:35 UTC 2003

I had a quantum Fireball die on me a few years ago (cache controller
blew, fried disk), but I think it was one of those freak events. I have
to say that I've also had problems my last IBM deskstar - funny noises,
refusal to spin up. Strangely it fixed its self when I pull the drive
out and shook it around a bit(!). Probably a dodgy head actuator.

£0.02

Tim

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk