[Gllug] LDAP newbie

Rich Walker rw at shadow.org.uk
Fri Mar 21 16:47:08 UTC 2003

Formi <formi at blueyonder.co.uk> writes:
> On Thu, 20 Mar 2003, Martin Stevens wrote:
> > Oh and the final begging part..
> >
> > I'm always on the lookout for PC's that can be reclaimed/reused, I'll
> > also guarentee that any donations will use Linux :-) and any Cat5
> > networking kit.

>  I know, don't tell others to do what you don't do.
>
>  There is a wiki on the gllug site, could be a good place to put this kind
>  of request, gear up for swap, wanted, to give away, to fix...
>
>  If there is anybody moving to the new wireless standards, 55Mbps...
>  In the near future I will need to link the 2 charity buildings(1), wiring
>  is completely out of the question, so if somebdoy has a couple of old
>  orinocos..., or isa-pcmcia adaptors, you know it's for charity.

If the two buildings are on the same phone exchange, BT can [1] provide you
with a bare-wire connection between them, via the exchange. There was,
ISTR, some discussion of this on this list some time ago. (I forget the
thread).

hth

cheers, rich

[1] Can, as in "are obliged by the terms of their license to do so, but
will not admit it short of pulling fingernails", I think.

rich walker | technical person | Shadow Robot Company | rw at shadow.org.uk
front-of-tshirt space to let     251 Liverpool Road   |
                                 London  N1 1LX       | +UK 20 7700 2487

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk