[Gllug] Nasty monitor - giveaway

Stig Brautaset gllug at brautaset.org
Fri May 16 23:25:05 UTC 2003

On May 16 2003, Rich wrote:
> Really, don't do this kind of adjustment unless you can pay Stig to take
> the rads for you - hey, he's qualified to know when to wear the film
> badge - right?

Heh. Right. But it's been a long time. I got out of the business once I
discovered that it was cheaper to simply replace the whole pcb than try
to fix the problem. I did not want to spend my life `chasing down' bugs
by swapping pcbs until they dissappeared. That is, unless the fault was
sufficiently common (often was) that you _knew_ what was wrong. The old
saw, when we got in certain brands of VCRs, whatever the fault, was:
"replace all capasitors physically close to the power supply".

Stig
--
brautaset.org

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk