[Gllug] Nasty monitor - giveaway

Stig Brautaset gllug at brautaset.org
Fri May 16 23:15:54 UTC 2003

On May 16 2003, Rich wrote:
> > Your local service shop may be able to fix the fault, but only at a
> > price which is not economical.

In my experience[1], repair-shops are often _not_ able to fix pc
monitors. While audio/visual repairmen[2] in training, we attempted to
fix monitors a few times. 'Cause we could. We had time. Occasionally we
could fix it. More often, the manufacturer would refuse to provide any
help: no schematics, no replacement parts. Nothing. Nada.

> Try and do a trade-in deal.

Probably the best you can hope for, yeah.

 [1] this was in Norway, so may not be applicable over here.
 [2] regretably, there were no girls in our class.

Stig
--
brautaset.org

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk