[Gllug] Hard drive spindown

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Wed Nov 12 09:24:33 UTC 2003

On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 04:16:47PM +0000, Nix wrote:
> On Thu, 06 Nov 2003, Martin A. Brooks yowled:
> > You'll need to use noflushd.
> And mount things with noatime (particularly whatever fs /dev is on).

Unfortunately it seems that noflushd is incompatible with journaling
filesystems (I'm using ext3), so it looks like there is no solution to
my problem.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones. http://www.annexia.org/ http://freshmeat.net/users/rwmj
"One serious obstacle to the adoption of good programming languages is

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk