[Gllug] Voluntary work

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Thu Nov 13 08:18:00 UTC 2003

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003, Gordon Joly wrote:

> I bring this up since it may be true that some orgs (e.g. charities)
> believe that they can run unlicensed copies of proprietary software...

Copyright infringement as part of a commercial concern is a criminal
offence. Perhaps the trustees of the charity just need to be told along
with a note pointing out that Free Software can provide what they need
without draining their financial resources on license fees and higher TCO.

Jason
http://www.ukfsn.org/	   1Mb ADSL Broadband - just £27.50 / month
                            + Free Activation on all ADSL services

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk