[Gllug] [OT] Largest mailbox EVER!

John Hearns john.hearns at clustervision.com
Tue Nov 18 12:27:24 UTC 2003

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003, Nix wrote:

> (Of course, we weren't allowed to replace Exchange with something that
> wouldn't die quite so hard when DoSed. Oh no, that would be a sane
> response to the problem. Instead we were told to make it work in
> future. We asked for an obscene amount of money to handle the storage
> costs, and got it. One must have one's headed notepaper emails. *sigh*)

I'm gobsmacked by this story. But then again not too surprised.

Let's say a company planned to keep documents in a row of 20 heavy
steel safes.
Lets's say a structural engineer advised them that this  was too great
a floor loading and their building would collapse.
What do we think? The advice would be listened to and an alternative
sought? Of course.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk