[Gllug] [OT] Largest mailbox EVER!

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Tue Nov 18 10:16:03 UTC 2003

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Ian Scott wrote:

> So, someone tries to open one of these emails, and it all has to travel from
> London to St Albans down our puny ADSL connection. Obviously this takes a
> while. The real giggle is that this takes all the available bandwidth, so
> there's none left for things like keyboard input, screen refresh, etc for the
> rest of us!

Why don't you implement some bandwidth management then. Limit the
available throughput any one connection can take and limit what the
relevant ports can use.

> Needless to say, we're in the process of beefing up our connection, and
> making printers and keyboards and monitors have dedicated connections.

Are you sure that will really help?

Jason Clifford
http://www.ukfsn.org/	   1Mb ADSL Broadband - just £27.50 / month
                            + Free Activation on all ADSL services