[Gllug] (no subject)

Pete Ryland pdr at accucard.com
Fri Nov 7 14:19:32 UTC 2003

On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 02:12:38PM +0000, Richard Jones wrote:
> In particular if you're writing your programs in Objective CAML, you may
> be able to *beat* C performance.

<troll>
I've heard *so* many times someone say XYZ language is/can be faster than C,
but yet it still makes me laugh. :-)
</troll>

Anyway, Bill's comments actually make me a little sad that Linux is all too
often playing catch up (especially when it comes to hardware support) and
not being able to spend more time implementing and adopting innovations.
I mean, there obviously is a lot of progress being made, but imagine where
we could be if we didn't have to spend so much time reverse engineering our
hardware, and MS protocols, etc.

Pete

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk