[Gllug] 9.2 Postfix 2.0.13, Patching.....

Kristian Davies kristian at ELIXIR-STUDIOS.CO.UK
Tue Nov 25 12:28:16 UTC 2003

>>Are you patching in response to a security problem in your current
>>version, or a major bugfix?

Not sure, as far as i can see they have the same level of docs for
changelogs as they do for patching... That would be none, for the later
versions, unless i'm missing something which is quite possible.

>>If not, and the version you have is safe to use then it is easier to
>>stick with the current packaged version you have.

Scares me too much... and since i dont know whats in the 3 patches i think i
should side with caution.

>>Debian has a security updates system with apt-get update which gets any
>>critical fixes and I guess Mandrake has the same.

Yeah urmpi, but the rpm i have is the latest. (accoring to what i've seen)

-Kristian

The information transmitted is intended only for the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may
contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other
use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this
information by persons or entities other than the
intended recipient is prohibited.  If you received this
in error, please contact the sender and delete the
material from any computer.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk