[Gllug] Help on Static IP +broadband+IPcop

wendy carr wendy_carr2003 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Nov 17 10:06:52 UTC 2003

Hi All,

I've got few problems with broadband connecting to my
small office network and wonder whether you guys can
help me !

currently we use 128Kbps ISDN from demon with them
hosting our web site and mail server.Last month we
decide to go for broadband with plus net and expecting
to get our line tested this week.We will be getting a
static IP and planning to set up our own web and mail
servers with NAT.Since the DI -304 ISDN router is also
DSL capable we will use it as the point of connection
for the internet.Aslo IPCop is the firewall we've
chosen.

My problem is that where should i use my static IP, is
in the router or in the red interface of IPCOP ?May be
i need two static IP's , i am not sure.Or is there
work around method to use single IP? Will i be
required to use Plus nets DNS and gateway for
broadband to work properly?

Your help very much appriciated.

Cheers !!

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk