[Gllug] Oracle and Linux

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Tue Oct 28 12:45:11 UTC 2003

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003, Doug Winter said:
> On Tue 28 Oct Andrew Richardson wrote:
>> Oracle may do great databases but they have no idea about accounting
>> package design.
>
> All of their non-RDBMS software sucks.  We're running Oracle
> Applications here, and it's terrible.  In a previous life I had to
> support the Oracle Application Server, and that sucked too - although
> the later versions looked better they were still really badly
> architected.

They're not all that bad. JDeveloper is merely half-finished crashy
alpha-quality bugridden crap, so not remotely as bad as any of Oracle's
DB frontend programs.

(This is probably because it was Borland JBuilder until quite recently
so Oracle haven't had time to ruin it completely yet).

--
`If you want a vision of the future, it is a wireless broadband network
 feeding requests for foreign money-laundering assistance into a human

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk