[Gllug] BBC on Microsoft DRM in new Outlook

John Hearns john.hearns at clustervision.com
Tue Oct 21 09:26:30 UTC 2003

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003, Jason Clifford wrote:

> "Destroying the e-mails completely would create legal trouble, because in
> the United States deleting e-mails is a federal offence, regarded in a
> similar light to shredding documents.

So note to sysadmins (and I know you all do this already):

Make sure you have an effective backup scheme in place.

Keep the tapes in a fireproof safe and/or remove a copy to an offsite
location.

Regularly check you can read a random old backup tape.

Yes, I know this stuff is time consuming when there are fires to fight.
But its part of the job.

And a good book is:
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/unixbr/index.html

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk