[Gllug] Laptops?

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Sat Oct 25 16:13:08 UTC 2003

Hmmmm ...

A friend of mine has a Powerbook G4 (one of the ones with a 17"
display) which is, of course, insanely cool.  But also pretty
expensive, and not really competitive with generic PC hardware.

If I was going to run MacOS X I'd have to get a Mac, but if I bought a
Mac would I really run MacOS X on it, or would I get hacked off with
it after a while and scrawl Debian over the top?  I suspect the
latter.

There's no really compelling reason for running MacOS X because all
the software I want to run is already in Debian.

Does anyone know if Via ITX-based laptop systems are available?

Rich.

--
Richard Jones. http://www.annexia.org/ http://freshmeat.net/users/rwmj
Merjis Ltd. http://www.merjis.com/ - all your business data are belong to you.