[Gllug] Recording a RealAudio radio programme...

Dylan dylan at dylan.me.uk
Tue Oct 7 16:55:52 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 07 October 2003 10:30 am, Andrew Halliwell wrote:
> > > i.e. cat /dev/dsp > london.raw
> > > or use oggenc/whatever other program you want to use to capture it.
> > > The cat method has the disadvantage of not automatically stopping at
> > > the end of the required time, but, you get the idea.
> >
> > Now that sounds much easier!!
>
> Did a little experimenting over the weekend...
> I got a couple of details wrong.
> oggenc doesn't like output from the dsp. I think you'd need to take it from
> /dev/audio. And you'd need to set alsamixer for capturing from the capture
> and "mix" device, not aux.

Yes, I worked that out from some fiddling myself, but something is awry at my
end as I only got either static or silence in the .ogg file.

I ended up just using vsound -t -d trplayer ......

and got a wav file, so I can burn that to CD

I've never had any luck trying to record/encode/play ogg files - seems to me
it's all a biy flaky.

Dylan

--
Sweet moderation