[Gllug] Debian

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Mon Oct 20 11:29:11 UTC 2003

On Mon 20 Oct, will bloviated thus:

> What more do I want?  Well, a GUI option would be nice, maybe with a
> visual disk partitioner like Mandrake has (had?)[0] aswell.  Progress
> bars and flying penguins.  Instead of the bit where you select kernel
> modules there could be some sort of 'it looks like you want these
> modules' option, also allowing you to do it manually.

A GUI option is really a side issue.  I want it to find hardware and
install appropriate drivers!  I want to have a working X installation
without manually choosing all the right options.  Knoppix does both
these things incredibly well.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

 "Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most
  of the time he will pick himself up and continue on."
- Winston Churchill

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk