[Gllug] OT: Health on job applications

John Hearns john.hearns at clustervision.com
Tue Oct 28 09:16:06 UTC 2003

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003, Jason Clifford wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Oct 2003, Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
>
> > This is way before any trust gets involved.  The only utility of
> > asking this kind of question at the application form stage is to
> > provide a method to weed out people on health grounds.  Discriminate
> > based on health, in other words.
>
> There's nothing wrong with that (except where you discriminate based upon
> disability which is a different thing).

If the organisation includes an equal opportunities questionnaire,
which asks about your racial origin and any disability then this should be
sealed and go direct to the HR department and not be seen by the
shortlisters. Very much AFAIK.

This doesn't sound like an equal opportunities thing, so I'll trust what
Jason says.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk