[Gllug] Suse OpenExchange Server

Roger Whittaker roger at suse.co.uk
Thu Oct 23 09:20:32 UTC 2003

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003, Huw Lynes wrote:

> > Anyone know what this is?  They list the components as: Suse, Postfix,
> > Cyrus, Apache, OpenLDAP, Samba, but they don't mention what they are
> > using for the outlook calendary stuff.
> >
> having just talked to SuSE about this I know that the calendering and web-mail
> are proprietary. Licensing is by number of concurrent groupware and web-mail
> sessions. There is no limit to the number of standard mail accounts.

The groupware functionality and outlook connectivity is called comfire and
is produced by Netline:
http://www.comfire.de/englisch/produkt/netline.htm

The version just announced is 4.1 - version 4.0 has been around for
approximately a year.  (It's called version 4 because we have had three
previous IMAP server products - the SuSE IMAP server, SuSE Email servers 2
and 3, and now this.  Email server 3 also contained a proprietary
groupware element, but that was from Skyrix.)

Roger Whittaker  Technical Consultant
SUSE LINUX Ltd   Appleton House
139 King Street Hammersmith London W6 9JG
tel +44(0) 20 8846 3923
mob +44(0) 7866 602 434
fax +44(0) 20 8748 0538
roger.whittaker at suse.com