[Gllug] What's so good about Debian?

FORSTER, David david.forster at mfi.co.uk
Thu Oct 9 12:17:25 UTC 2003

Hi,

Thanks to all who've replied... It's not that I'm a computer newbie, just a
Linux newbie and I've not had any experience with any Un*x based systems
before so everything's all just a little... er... different. I understand
the concepts and principles behind things but I get stuck on the trivial
things. Like the other day for some reason I couldn't start a shell script
by just typing it's filename, I had to precede it with a './' and still
haven't figured out why. The problem is that I'm so used to programming in
the M$ and VB environment that it's now difficult to do anything else and I
find it very frustrating :o)

Anyway... thanks for the advice... I might try and get my hands on a set of
Debian ISOs and give it a try on a spare 4Gb drive I've got.

David.