[Gllug] Re: Debain: Laptop.

Peter Childs Blue.Dragon at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Sep 13 15:41:52 UTC 2003

On Saturday 13 September 2003 16:35, Peter Childs wrote:
> I have been trying to install Debain on my Laptop. Mostly because I really
> think I need to know how to use somthing other than Redhat and you lot
> saying how wonderful Debain is.
> 	I finally managed to get Debain on off the first CD of Woody and its
> install program is not straght forward. I did think of trying the Knoppix
> method but I can not quite remember what that is.
> 	Problems
>
> 1. How do I get my 8139too PCMICA network card working Works fine under
> Redhat but when I try to bring the Network up it says
> SIO

Sorry.

SIOCSIFFLAGS: Device or Resource busy.

Plus CardMgr will not detect it unless I manually had it in the right places
to the config files....

	I have a broadband connection on my desktop and the Debain DVD from Linux
Magazine but no DVD drive in the Laptop :( but I do have a CD writer in my
desktop running Redhat...

	Lets just say Debian is not for beginners!!!

Peter Childs

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk