[Gllug] Debain: Laptop.

Andrew Halliwell ah at gnd.com
Mon Sep 15 09:24:05 UTC 2003

And verily, didst Peter Childs announce to the hordes:
> 1. How do I get my 8139too PCMICA network card working Works fine under Redhat
> but when I try to bring the Network up it says
> SIO
>
> 2. Is there a no X Run level under debain I can't find it!
>
> 3. X kills my LCD display and I have no idea what the correct drivers are but
> it works soft of under Redhat.
>
> 4. How do I upgrade to ext3 so I don't have to wait agest when ever the
> machine crashes!

2 of these problems may be the debian default.
Instead of just booting the debs cd, type bf24 (the default debian install
uses a 2.2 kernel that probably lacks a lot of hardware)...

bf24 also has built in ext3 support and when you select that, the installer
offers you the choice.

lspci helps in identifying hardware, as you know.
What's it say about the video card/chipset?

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk