[Gllug] Tax returns online? On Linux?

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Wed Sep 24 18:15:31 UTC 2003

On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 07:11:24PM +0100, Richard Jones wrote:

> Well I just signed up for the government gateway so I can do my tax
> return online. The advantage, apparently, being that I won't need to
> file before the impending 30th Sept deadline.
>
> But then I was reading around the site, and it's not clear if you can
> file entirely with a web browser (more specifically, with a
> _Gecko-derived_ browser). They mention that you can do it "online"
> or with one of several pieces of commercial Windows software.
>
> Has anyone filed with a browser from a Linux system?

I think that this has been discussed, the answer is 'no'.

Write to the chancellor complaining that you are being placed at a disadvantage
due to the government's choice of the use of non open software/protocols.
Copy your MP.

They will probably ignore you, but if they get enough of these .....

--
Alain Williams

#include <std_disclaimer.h>

FATHERS-4-JUSTICE - Campaigning for equal rights for parents and the
best interests of our children. See http://www.fathers-4-justice.org

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk