[Gllug] OT: coping with long hours at the computer

Hong Chyr chyryh at linuxmail.org
Tue Sep 30 09:48:50 UTC 2003

> The monitors are not a problem as I have 2 Mitsubishis - a 19" and a 21".
> Don't know if LCD's are better for you but I don't have eye problems anyhow.
> I take breaks every 30mins. or so as directed by my therapist. Maybe
> Alexander is too passive though I've heard it can work wonders. I just need
> something quicker and more pro-active.
>
> Garry

Or try something like yoga and pilates. My wife's always complaining about wrist and shoulder numbness/pain when she spends too much time on the computer. But since she started pilates, its improved her posture and seems to work well for her in general. To put the time frame in perspective, she's only been going to regular for 2 months.

Hong
http://www.linuxmail.org/