[Gllug] Plug for Ogg Vorbis and OSS on BBC Click Online

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Mon Sep 1 11:28:18 UTC 2003

On Mon 01 Sep, ted.bell at lineone.net wrote:

> You forgot to mention all the staff they either made redundant or TUPE'd
> over to external service providers (like me).
>
> Ted

   Or as in the case of North Region Outside Broadcasts, all buildings,
plant, and staff were passed over to a competitor who was going to take over
the production of all programmes, and who simply fired the staff on the
first morning without warning or compensation. At least I received
compensation when I was made redundant, and it was less than 3 years after
my record average of 13.5 hours per day seven days per week for the entire
period from late spring to early autumn, (and that was low compared with the
hours put in by some others).

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk