[Gllug] Internet dial-up scam

Dylan dylan at dylan.me.uk
Tue Apr 6 19:19:33 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 06 Apr 2004 20:11 pm, Chris Bell wrote:
> Hello,
>    I have just been listening to BBC Watchdog who are reporting that
> a new dial-up scam is putting a virus on PCs causing them to
> repeatedly connect and disconnect to premium rate phone numbers,
> knocking up huge phone bills which are difficult to disprove.

Come off it - they first reported this sort of thing three or more years
ago when people could reasonably claim naivete. With all the publicity
there has been about viruses, trojans etc, and all the informatin in PC
mags etc anyone who gets hit only has themselves to blame.

They wouldn't go out and leave their house open, They should know
better. I have no sympathy

Just my opinion...

Dylan

--