[Gllug] set serial port irq

Doug Winter doug at pigeonhold.com
Mon Apr 19 15:22:35 UTC 2004

On Mon 19 Apr Ben Fitzgerald wrote:
> I'm connecting using minicom from box 1 to mgetty on box 2.
> I don't get a login: prompt!

I doubt that you want mgetty as is, that's for modems.  use getty (or
run mgetty as getty, or use the -r switch to mgetty).

check that your getty is really being spawned from the inittab.  it
often isn't by default.

check that you have the following set correctly at both ends:

    baud rate
    stop bits
    parity
    flow control

are you sure you have the right cable?

> Typing AT<cr> doesn't get a response either.

unless you have a getty that talks the Hayes command set (which you
don't :) that's not going to help.

hitting return a few times can help wake up getty though.

doug.

--
   http://adju.st   | "I have never predicted anything, and I
6973E2CF: 2C95 66AD | never will".