[Gllug] Wireless questions

Ian Norton bredroll at darkspace.org.uk
Sun Aug 22 12:28:28 UTC 2004

On Sun, Aug 22, 2004 at 12:14:08PM +0100, will wrote:
> Ian Norton wrote:
> >If it is a 802.11b/g card then it will work with the linksys router, it is
> >afterall just a network card, they all speak the same way.
>
> I would have thought the same, but I had a lot of problems getting a
> Belkin PCI card (running on windows) to talk to the Linksys AP.

It might sound silly, but have you tried a different driver? knowing that alot
of drivers upload firmware to the card,

i had some rather evil zonet cards (never ever buy zonet stuff) they were quite
evil, they worked 'kind of' with thier drivers, but if you installed drivers
for gemtek cards then you actually got a usable connection that didnt die after
20mb (this only ever happened with the windows drivers),

Ian
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk