[Gllug] BSD

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Mon Aug 30 07:38:04 UTC 2004

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004, Henrik Morsing wrote:

> To me the FreeBSD package system seems like the ones Debian and Gentoo
> uses. I've never understood this statement.

Isn't Gentoo's packaging system based upon the FreeBSD ports system?

It's a lot time since I ran FreeBSD - does the packaging automatically
sort out dependancies in the manner Debian does? Are the maintainers as
pedantic about things being right as the Debian folk *usually* are?

Jason Clifford
http://www.ukfsn.org/	   ADSL Broadband from just £22.50 / month

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk