[Gllug] E-Mail to SMS Advice

Tushar Joshi tjoshi at lonix.org.uk
Tue Aug 17 12:28:22 UTC 2004

You could try using www.zimepl.com they have many integration
methods as well as inbound options (if you want your engineers
to query via SMS the status of your network). Also there
are various other options to play around with and they
have an XML posting system as well.

Tushar

On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 10:42:12AM +0100, Mario wrote:
> Hello fellow enthusiasts...
>
> This is my first post to the list, so I hope I have a decent query.
>
> I am looking to introduce an SMS alert for the IT guys in my team at work.
>
> Initially I will be monitoring the messages file for system temperature
> warnings on some of my systems as we have been experiencing some
> problems with our cooling systems recently.  Further down the line I
> would like to turn this little project into a full-blown real-time alert
> system.
>

> Ideally I would like to send an E-mail similar to:  <mobile
> number>@sms-gateway.co.uk.  I have found some commercially available
> services but am interested in finding out about any Linux-based
> solutions available.
>
> Any advice from past experiences, specific links to sites that I could
> use etc. would be appreciated.
>

> Thanks,
> Mario
> --

|                 Turtle Networks Ltd.                 |
|  Unit 48, Concord Road, London W3 0TH                |
|  Tel: (020) 8896 2600     |  Fax: (020) 8992 7017    |
|  www.turtle.net           |  tjoshi at turtle.net       |
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk