[Gllug] Phone unlocking

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Mon Aug 2 15:42:34 UTC 2004

This one time, at band camp, Ashley Evans wrote:

> On further reading of UnlockMe.co.uk what you say seems to be the case.
> Nokia do program the codes themselves. The interesting question is why
> are Nokia interested in having the phones locked to a particular network?
>
> It's plain to see why the network operators would want to but I can't
> really see why Nokia would.

Because you aren't Nokia's customer.  The network operator is Nokia's
customer, and they provide the credit ("free" phone) to the
end-customer.  It's a strange power relationship, but that's how it
is.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

 "Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition."
- Timothy Leary
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk