[Gllug] Recommended distro

Martin A. Brooks martin at hinterlands.org
Sun Dec 12 18:39:14 UTC 2004

Richard Turner wrote:

> So if I want to run Evolution 2.x, as I do at the moment (with security
>
>patches) I must use 'unstable'.  That's fine, because it's only my home
>system, but what happens when somebody finds a security flaw in it?

I've routinely run unstable on production systems for over 6 years.
Debian "unstable" tends to be more stable than most "stable" distros.

That's not to say there hasn't been the odd bit of breakage, there has,
but stuff gets fixed quickly and you know enough dpkg fu to deal with
awkward situations, right? :)

Mart.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk