[Gllug] ``Confidential`` .sigs

Martin A. Brooks martin at hinterlands.org
Mon Dec 6 15:47:10 UTC 2004

David Damerell wrote:

> A distinctly ambivalent summary - even when they're trying to make a
> political point, they can't paint their flagship case as black and
>
>white silly. That might _just_ suggest they're on weak ground.

Here's what my friend says on the subject:

"Have you seen the american ones? The guy who put the  winnebago on
automatic and went to make a cuppa in the back; the girl who sued a
supermarket for having inadequate supervision after she tripped over her own
child who was running around etc?

PI claims are definitely on the increase - there have been a number of
successful claims recently where the claimant sues for falling over on
uneven ground due to lack of lighting etc and it turns out they were in the
bar on the premises on the night and left at about 11:30 pm - people want
someone to blame and as with the current funding there is no real financial
risk to the claimant in suing, people are doing it more and more.

Stress claims can be odd as well - where someone just is not very good or
gets into trouble for dubious practices but sues the company for causing
stress, not considering that it might be their own doing that they are
stressed!

Hope that's sort of what you wanted a flavour of , giving no identifible
details is not easy though!"

Oh, and SIAL ;)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk