[Gllug] Yellow Dog/SuSE/Debian????? & Mac 7300/200

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Sat Feb 21 15:47:19 UTC 2004

On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 03:25:35PM -0000, Harvey Kelly wrote:
> Thanks to all those who posted.
>
> I'd love to be able to wget, or anything else to be honest but this is
> not my
> system, and sysadmin won't install anything 'funny'... Jeez, give me
> strength.

Sounds like command-line FTP is what you want in that case.  You
can use the 'restart' command to restart a failed transfer, eg:

restart
get brokenfile.tar.gz

(Actually, the FTP manual I have here suggests that you have to put
the byte count after the 'restart' command, but I'm pretty sure that's
not the case ...)

Rich.

NET::FTPSERVER is a full-featured, secure, configurable, database-backed
FTP server written in Perl: http://www.annexia.org/freeware/netftpserver/
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk