[Gllug] Seting up RAID level 1

Paul Nasrat pauln at truemesh.com
Fri Feb 20 13:35:01 UTC 2004

On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 10:55:37AM +0000, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 10:48:11AM +0000, Martin A. Brooks wrote:
> > On Fri, 2004-02-20 at 10:36, John Hearns wrote:
> > > I now propose a new prize. The scariest, most bleeding edge machine.
> > > This has to be proved to WORK, not just a paper proposal.

Hey it's a Friday I'll bite[0]

> > That'll be mandrake or gentoo based then :)
>
> The latest Fedora Core 2 snapshot should be bleeding pretty
> well with beta versions of GNOME &  KDE, and Kernel 2.6
> with the SE Linux[1] patches applied ;-)

Especially if you happen to be running it on ppc32[1] (or 64[2]) or another non x86
arch, extra points for FC 2 on mips or alpha or an arch which beehive doesn't
build for. The triarch/tricolour mips stuff sounds intresting too.

> [1] I'm not looking forward to trying to get Oracle running
>    under SE Linux :-(

Fun, but I guess if oracle intend to certify against next RHEL releases then
someone will be looking at it. Extra fun if you try and run any of the java
bits through either gij or make them native with gcj34.

Paul

[0] I still think *Nix is likely to win
[1] Guilty of this one
[2] Now linus is using a G5 things should get fun
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk