[Gllug] Yum or apt4rpm?

Daniel P. Berrange dan at berrange.com
Fri Feb 20 15:14:53 UTC 2004

On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 03:11:30PM -0000, stanley wrote:
> Have just installed a new hard drive I decided to update to Fedora. A very
> minimal install as I want to closely control what goes onto the system.
>
> My questions is though, which is better or which should I use Yum or
> apt4rpm. I know that yum comes with fedora and there has been some
> discussions as to using these on the list recently, but I cant really find
> any information as to which one is better or more reliable.

Well, Yum comes with Fedora and is used by most RH developers so its had
a hell of a lot more testing & usage than apt+fedora will have had. So
if its reliability you're after yum seems the way to go. I've no idea about
the technical / design merits of each of solution though

Dan.
--
|=-               http://www.berrange.com/~dan/gpgkey.txt             -=|