[Gllug] Re: Ogle DVD

Andrew Halliwell ah at gnd.com
Mon Jan 26 11:27:13 UTC 2004

And verily, didst Ian Northeast announce to the hordes:
> Does anyone know how to combine the excellent performance of mplayer
> with the functionality of ogle?

Well, turning on dma and unmaskirq on the dvd player in hdparm will benefit
both of them.

I found on my athlon 1600(I think) that without DMA on, it was a little
jerky. Also, the colour was a bit screwed this weekend (until I figured out
the nvidia drivers weren't fully loaded).

Film: cowboy bebop
Mplayer: played a little laggy without -framedrop. And for some reason,
without -alang=en, it'd play russian AND english at the same time.

Ogle was just fine. No skippage, no lag.

I've also found that quitting opera seems to help stop jerkyness too (when
hdparm doesn't stop it fully)... prolly taking up too much RAM (I always
have about 10 tabs open)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk