[Gllug] Mailing list / group suggestions

Andrew Black (li) andrew-li at black1.org.uk
Mon Jan 19 11:49:41 UTC 2004

Hi
I am looking for a mailing list / group provider for a choir.   Requirements
  - people can change there email address via a web page
    (I find non techy people don't like sending commands to list servers)
  - Don't want to run it on my machine (ie works when machine is off, ADSL
down etc)
  - reply-to: must not be setup
  - archive of postings viewable by list members
  - easy for the administrator to add/remove members

Nice to have
  - calendar
  - ability to uplaod and display photos and other files
  - being able to run more than one list, people can opt in/out of each list
from a single web site.
  - able to view a membership list (name, voice, postal district,email if
people are happy with that)

One option is Yahoo, but various things put moe off about that.
I realise this is not directly a linux question but people round here might
have appropriate pointers.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk