[Gllug] Mailing list / group suggestions

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Mon Jan 19 12:05:31 UTC 2004

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004, Andrew Black (li) wrote:

> I am looking for a mailing list / group provider for a choir.   Requirements
>   - people can change there email address via a web page
>     (I find non techy people don't like sending commands to list servers)
>   - Don't want to run it on my machine (ie works when machine is off, ADSL
> down etc)
>   - reply-to: must not be setup
>   - archive of postings viewable by list members
>   - easy for the administrator to add/remove members

Mailman offers all of the above. UKFSN can offer mailman facilities.

I've not designed a specific mailing list account however I can do so.

> Nice to have
>   - calendar
>   - ability to uplaod and display photos and other files

This is a completely different thing but not particularly hard to
accomplish - just run a website with a good community CMS. PostNuke is
quite popular for such things. Undoubtably others will be able to
recommend other options.

If you are interested to get more details for the UKFSN services email me.

Jason Clifford
http://www.ukfsn.org/	   ADSL Broadband from just £23.75 / month

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk