[OT] Re: [Gllug] Surprised...

John Hearns john.hearns at clustervision.com
Tue Jan 27 11:02:27 UTC 2004

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, Pete Ryland wrote:

> WARNING: Off-topic toilet talk.
> Many years ago, as a holiday job at uni, I did some work at the Bondi[*]
> Sewerage Treatment Plant.  It was phenomenal the amount of jewelry that came

More information than we needed to know.

There is a very good essay by Eric Newby (travel writer) of his visits to
the London sewers and the sewage treatment works at Beckton.

I gather there are public tours available of the Crossness sewage works,
which is meant to be pretty impressive. The original beam engines,
which lifted tons of the stuff on every stroke.
Might be an interesting venue for this years Geeknic?

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk