[Gllug] Free PC

Amias Channer gllug at amias.org.uk
Thu Jul 1 12:04:28 UTC 2004

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 23:53:30 +0100
Russell Howe <rhowe at wiss.co.uk> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 01:38:58PM +0100, Jack Bertram wrote:
> > I wouldn't swap a laptop for the two 21" screens and one 19" screen
> > sitting on my desktop.  Synergy
> > (http://sourceforge.net/projects/synergy2) allows me to share one
> > keyboard and mouse (and cut/paste) between three different systems
> > as if they were the same system.  Cool :)
>
> I always used x2x for that...

I've just setup XDCMP on my two linux boxes so i can have xsessions from
either running on both machines and can flick between them with
Ctrl-Alt-F7 or F8. You can't cut and paste normally ( but i can use
ssh's xforwarding ) between the 2 x sessions but the session from the slower
box runs much faster when displayed on my newer box. Seems stable too.

Toodle-pip
Amias
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk