[Gllug] ADSL modem -- WTF?

John Hearns john.hearns at clustervision.com
Tue Jul 20 10:05:31 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-07-20 at 10:39, John Hearns wrote:

> When I went to Framestore, they had an internal ATM backbone,
> ATM links to several workstations 155Mbps laser link across the roofs of
> Soho
Running from the roof of one company building to the other,
the one where some GLLUGs were held in the past.
A laser company engineer came once, to change the laser heads or do some
other maintenance. He was shall we say a daredevil, and announced he was
a BASE jumper. He kept looking over the edge sizing things up.
Luckily he never brought a parachute, and that's why there isn't
a person-shaped hole in the road outside.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk