[Gllug] One step forward - 2 steps back

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Thu Jul 22 00:53:13 UTC 2004

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004, John Winters muttered drunkenly:
> (Incidentally, the answer to the original question - where are all the
> cycles going - is that the original code being profiled loads a number
> of libraries dynamically and it seems that the gcc profiler doesn't cope
> with this, even though the libraries are also compiled with -pg.
> OProfile on the other hand has them bang to rights.)

Quite so: nobody's got around to implementing -pg-in-shared-libraries

It's definitely doable, and not impossibly difficult, and is on my to-do
list. (I might get around to it by the time Sol goes red giant.)

--
`The copyright file is for everyone.  That we make it available in
 plain-text, uncompressed form rather than in spinning, throbbing

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk