[Gllug] how far do ppl go to live without M$?

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Fri Jul 30 12:46:28 UTC 2004

This one time, at band camp, Will Napier wrote:

> many reading this would do without a non-essential product/service (like
> being able to download digital photos from your phone)? Or are most of the
> people on here sufficiently technical to find a solution?

Why not just email the photos to yourself (or your moblog)?

I think you'll find most of us do research on the products we buy
BEFORE purchase to ensure the kit is open enough to be usable.  For
example, when buying a digital camera I did enormous amounts of
research before deciding on the one I wanted.  Part of this research
was ensuring the file formats were open and usable.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

 "For those who've come across the seas
  We've boundless plains to share"
- Advance Australia Fair, Australia's national anthem
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk