[Gllug] Server hardware supplier?

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Thu Jul 29 08:00:43 UTC 2004

On Wed 28 Jul, Garry Heaton wrote:

> I'm looking to build a server to run White Box Enterprise Linux with this
> kind of spec:
>
> - Dual Xeon 3.0Ghz
> - 2Gb RAM
> - Serial ATA RAID
> - Redundant PSU case
>
> Can anyone recommend a good London-based supplier for self-build server
> hardware? Any compatibility issues I should watch out for?
>
> Garry Heaton

   Companies I know which have built to order for many years obtain many
components from major trade suppliers around the country, delivered next
day. Many of these suppliers will only trade with regular account customers,
so I have to ask friends for assistance.
   Local suppliers around North Acton and Park Royal include

ACME Technology (rack mount cases)

http://www.acme-technology.co.uk

C & J Computers (cases)

http://www.cjcomputers.co.uk

3A Distribution Ltd (Wide range of supplies)

http://www.3adl.com

Gemma Computers Ltd

http://www.gemma.co.uk

--