[Gllug] Re: Getting Linux to work with Freeserve

Stephan Bourgeois strangelv at lycos.co.uk
Mon Jun 28 21:27:44 UTC 2004

I set up Mandrake with an Alcatel Speedtouch USB about a year ago. All I
can remember is that the packages that came with the distro were out of
date. However I did install newer packages and got the modem to work
perfectly. Maybe to the cost of having to compile them. I would imagine
that rpms be available by now. I remember that the Speedtouch is quite
slow to "initialize". And I remember having to fiddle with the init.d
script, in order not to wait for the modem during bootup.
The source is available here:
http://speedtouch.sourceforge.net/
rpms should also be included in the distro, and are available here:
http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/4/idpl/1108803/com/speedtouch-1.2-1mdk.i586.rpm.html
Good luck!
Steph.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk