[Gllug] [OT] XHTML + CSS (was: [OT?] Please sign myGooglepetition ...)

Richard Turner richard at zygous.co.uk
Fri Jun 11 09:41:07 UTC 2004

Ian Norton wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 11, 2004 at 09:41:08AM +0100, Richard Turner wrote:
>> Ian Norton wrote:
>>>
>>> With all the talk of css, xhtml, accessibility and my zaurus
>>> arriving soon i got inspired (that and i was farily bored today)
>>> and have hacked up this little page.
>>>
>>>  [ http://void.printf.net/~bredroll/zen/ ]
>>>
>>> comments please :-) ?
>>>

>> Very nice!  My only criticism is that this paragraph quickly starts
>> to over lap the next one if you use Mozilla's text zoom facility,
>> but I reckon that's a minor issue really :o)
>>

> :-) thanks, Ive noticed some other oddities too, if i use particular
> font sizes (from within mozilla) then sometimes some of the images
> will jump randomly about when the mouse moves over them, Ive also
> found how terrible IE support is for css, even more so than i
> originally thought,
>
> I also couldnt believe how ugly Opera is until i saw a recent screen
> grab last night :-p

Awful isn't it?!  Still, there were some reasonable skins for it last time I
looked and you can tidy the interface somewhat.  I don't use it except for
the occasional bit of testing though: I like Mozilla.

MSIE support for CSS is atrocious.  Still, if you believe their hype (did
anyone else go to that 20/20 seminar?) their applications are the most
accessible one available anywhere.   Anywhere except on the Web perhaps?

Richard.
--
"Racing turtles, the grapefruit is winning..."

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk