[Gllug] re: HTML Mail

adam at thebowery.co.uk adam at thebowery.co.uk
Wed Mar 3 11:53:30 UTC 2004

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 08:25:23AM +0000, Christopher Hunter wrote:

> here!  Also anything with a .pif attachment or multiple filename extensions
> (like .zip.exe) gets bounced - I'm really fed up with these silly attempts to
> send Windoze trojans.

I hope that you don't bounce that back to the From: address, I am currently
getting about 200 mails a day from various "anti-virus" systems saying that I
sent them a virus, while they return the message with headers indicating that
some server in Taiwan or wherever sent the email. Grrrr. Why can't they reject
mail at smtp time rather than later....

I need to twiddle my mail settings later today and combat this, my poor inbox
on dialup can't cope much more :( and yes, this is why i don't want any html
email thanks, its already a pain having to spend 10 minutes downloading my
mornings email, if all the lists that I am on allowed html posting then it
would be nearer 20 minutes...

Adam
jabberid = quinophex at jabber.earth.li
AFFS || http://www.affs.org.uk/ || Not a filesystem