[Gllug] User-mode Linux hosting

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Thu Mar 25 10:30:57 UTC 2004

Hi folks.

I'm looking for a user-mode Linux host that is cheap and reliable.
I'm not really interested in web hosting, beyond Squirrelmail for the
other half, and am really more interested in running a mail and jabber
server.

I presume user-mode Linux allows you to install all your own packages
and the like, which is what I need.  I want to be able to install
packages and, ideally, it'll be running Debian when I get it.

I know there are a loads of these in the UK but, really, I'm afraid
you're just not going to be able to compete on price with US hosters
where bandwidth is virtually free.

So, any recommendations?

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

In politics, what begins in fear usually ends in folly.

- Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk